Happy Friday! In the Bible, we read a lot about serving in the home. The early church met in one another’s homes. They often ate together, served together, and ministered together. In our culture, we do not see than happening. Do you practice hospitality? If you don”t, what holds you back? Is it your home? Is is a lack of finances? Is it a lack of getting to know fellow believers in your area?
This Holiday season, purpose to offer hospitality in your home. It does not have to be an elaborate event. You can even do this as a pot luck type event, or you can host a cookie exchange. There are lots of ways to offer hospitality in your home. Ask around for widows or widowers who might be along for Thanksgiving and invite them to eat with you.
To help you get ready for this, your mission today is to pull out some of your serving items and wash them. Get them ready to use! I installed new rack holders in my kitchen cabinet to hold my platter upright. I can store more in that area with the rack holders, and they don’t fall over.
Weekly Home Blessing: Take out the trash, Sweep, and Mop
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Round up this week’s paper. File what needs to be file. Purge what needs to go away. Check your lesson plans for next week.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Loving movement for 15 Minutes
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour