If you have followed my articles for very long, you know that I talk about decluttering clothes and shoes from your closet each month. Thinning out the amount of clothing you have will help you keep order in your closet, and it will make doing laundry easier. The way you do this is different than most ways that you have heard about. I want you to set your timer for just 15 minutes, and pull out things that you have not worn in the past 6 months. Decide if it is worth the valuable real estate in your closet to keep it. In most cases, you can let it go and give it away. There are very few things that you will go back and wear if you have not worn it in this season. Scan through your closet and pull out clothes that no longer fit. Put them in your Give Away box. Try to not handle things multiple times. You can do this! Set your timer and start tossing!
Zone Mission: Declutter in your closet for 15 minutes.
Weekly Home Blessing Task: Windows and Mirrors (I use my FlyLady purple cloths for this and no chemicals.)
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Clean out your refrigerator. Toss the science experiments.
School: Don’t forget to do the fun stuff in your school day. Get out the crafts!
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Write up a menu plan for the next 7 days. Check your pantry and freezer and make a grocery list. This habit will save you time and money. Try out some new recipes with the slow cooker. It will save you time once you start back to your school schedule.
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at the Launch Pad that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour