In your home and homeschool
It may seen to you that I talk about decluttering shoes fairly often. I do it because we have too many shoes. Even as simple as boys are with their shoe collections, I still get rid of at least one pair of their shoes each month. Boys wear out shoes. Boys outgrow shoes quickly. I have better things to store than shoes that are worn out or too small. This goes for my shoes, too. I regularly purge shoes from my closet. I run an average of 40 miles per week. A pair of shoes will get between 200 and 500 miles on them before they are ready for the trash. I rotate 4 pair to make them last longer. I don’t wear the same pair two days in a row. This helps them get their springy feel back. I know it sounds ridiculous if you don’t run. But running is my therapy, and the shoes keep my body happy. When I get a new pair, I toss an old pair. I regularly toss other shoes from my collection. Today, I want you to spend 15 minutes decluttering shoes.
Zone Mission: Declutter Shoes.
Last summer, I did a series on freezer cooking and using the slow cooker. You can search my blog for more on that. Here is one of the first posts: http://www.tamifox.net/2015/06/19/getting-organized-with-a-slow-cooker-summer/ .
If you need more help with organizing your home and homeschool, you can download The FlyLady’s Homeschool Teacher and Homeschool Student Control Journals for free.
Set your timer for 15 minutes for the Home Assignment and 15 minutes for the School Assignment
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Clean out your refrigerator. Toss the science experiments.
School: Check out your local library to get details for the summer reading program.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Write up a menu plan for the next 7 days. Check your pantry and freezer and make a grocery list. This habit will save you time and money. Try out some new recipes with the slow cooker. It will save you time once you start back to your school schedule.
Family Fun: Take your children for a walk.
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at the Launch Pad that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour
Please like & share: