In your home and homeschool
Happy Friday! We all have a place or places in our homes that attract things to be put down. These are our Hot Spots. Each night, I deal with one of the hot spots in my kitchen. It’s my island in the kitchen where I do food prep. It’s a large, flat surface, and it attracts clutter like a flower attracts a bee. My evening routine has a 2-minute declutter mission each night to deal with the island. I am looking at it right now, and there are several things that I need to put away as soon as I finish this email. So I want you to figure out where you have a Hot Spot in your home. Each day I want you to spend 2 minutes dealing with it. Today, spend 15 minutes identifying the Hot Spots and deal with them 2 minutes at a time. By dealing with your Hot Spots daily, they won’t have time to get out of control. You want peace in your home, and this is one way to help you achieve that.
Have a great week-end!
If you have any questions or tips, please email me. I enjoy hearing from my readers.
Zone Mission: Deal with your hot spots on your flat surfaces
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Schedule a field trip or end of school year picnic.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour
Please like & share: