In your home and homeschool
We’ve been working in the Living Room this week (or your Family Room or Den). Today, let’s move the furniture around and detail clean underneath the furniture. Maybe it’s time to try a new room arrangement. Please be care and enlist help with this project. Bonus points to anyone who finds a stray Christmas decoration under a piece of furniture. My grandmother used to love to move her furniture around. She did this regularly, and we have some funny stories from her doing this. When my grandfather was in the military, she would move furniture while he was gone for the day. If he came in after dark, he learned to turn on a light because the furniture often was not where it was when he left that morning. The best story was when they were in military apartments and a larger apartment came open during the day. My grandmother got permission for the move, and she executed a move during the day with 2 small children. When my grandfather came off his shift, a whole new family was living in the apartment he left that morning. Fortunately, he had a good sense of humor about that!
Zone Mission – Move the living room furniture and detail clean.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Look at your bookshelves. Do you need to do some reorganizing or purging?
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour
Please like & share: