Have you enjoyed sprucing up your home for the Holidays? I enjoy getting my house tidied up and decorated for the Holidays. This week we are working in the kitchen, and if you do Holiday baking and cooking, you will enjoy having your kitchen ready to use with lots of clean spaces. Today I want you to wipe off your kitchen counters, especially pay attention to the areas that you have kitchen appliances sitting. If you have several appliances on the counter, see if you can relocate the ones you do not use regularly. The goal is to have your counters prepped and ready for your Holiday cooking. If you wiped your counters and decluttered them on Monday, then wipe the outside of your kitchen cabinet doors. Just spend 15 minutes working in this zone today.
Holiday Mission: Set up a display area for your Christmas cards that are beginning to arrive. Watch a Christmas movie with your family.
If you need more help with organizing your home and homeschool, you can download The FlyLady’s Homeschool Teacher and Homeschool Student Control Journals for free.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Clean out your refrigerator. Toss the science experiments.
- Are you taking time to enjoy the fall weather as a part of your school day? Take some books outside and enjoy doing some school work outside today.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Write up a menu plan for the next 7 days. Check your pantry and freezer and make a grocery list. This habit will save you time and money. Try out some new recipes with the slow cooker. It will save you time once you start back to your school schedule.
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at the Launch Pad that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour