Let’s wash the Thanksgiving serving pieces and dishes. It’s not too early to start using them now. Enjoy them! Review your Thanksgiving menu today. If you don’t want to make something on the menu, take it off. If there is something you want to fix, and it is not “traditional” for your family, make it anyway. If you have never hosted Thanksgiving in your home, you can celebrate Thanksgiving any day of the week. One year, I made a Thanksgiving meal earlier in the month to serve when a friend was visiting from out of town. It was a special meal for all of us. Other years, I have participated in a Thanksgiving meal early in the month with our homeschool friends. We all sign up to bring different foods, and we have a family who hosts us. It is so much fun to celebrate Thanksgiving, and it does not matter what day you choose to do it.
Zone Mission – Kitchen: Wednesday – Pull out your Thanksgiving serving pieces and dishes and wash them. Put them in a handy location or go ahead and set your table with them. Start using them now.
Holiday Mission: Review Your Thanksgiving Menu Plan. If you have not read the book, Cranberry Thanksgiving, get it at the library and read it. You might want to add Cranberry Bread to your menu.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
School: Is your paperwork caught up? Do you need to update lesson plans or attendance sheets?
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Errand day: Make your plan for grocery shopping and errands. Pack water bottles and snacks for everyone. Pack up your library books that need to be turned in.
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at the Launch Pad that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour