Many years, I felt like I was not doing enough around the house or with homeschooling or for others. What I found was that I needed balance and mercy. I needed to balance the demands on my time. I had to learn to say the two-letter word, “No.” I had to prioritize the needs of caring for myself, my husband, and our children. This meant that I had to say, “No” to other things. I had to drop some of our outside activities. I wanted to have peace in my home and not CHAOS. I wanted the most important people in my life to know that they were the most important people in my life.
Establishing regular routines for caring for our home was essential to having peace in our home. When times were tough, the routines were the stability we needed. There was an order to our day. If we missed getting something done, I did not let guilt come in and ruin everything for me. I just started over the next day. That’s what I want you to do. Embrace the fresh starts!
This week we are in Zone 3 – The Main Bathroom and an Extra Room.
I am going to give you a few basics for the main bathroom, For your extra room zone work, please choose a room that needs some extra attention.
Monday – Clean the top of your bathroom cabinet. Declutter things you don’t use. Find storage places for your items on the cabinet. Wipe the cabinet down. You can wipe it down much quicker, if you don’t have a lot of stuff on the top of your counter.
Tuesday – Spray your shower walls and tub with a cleaning agent if you haven’t deep cleaned it in a while. Wipe it down and rinse.
Wednesday – Wipe around the outside of the toilet and behind it.
Thursday – Clean the bathroom window and blinds.
Friday – Declutter under your bathroom cabinets and drawers. Set your timer for 15 minutes for this project.
Set your timer for 15 minutes for the Home Assignment and 15 minutes for the School Assignment
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Quick Dust
- Purge Magazines or Paper Clutter
- Change Bedding
- Empty Trash
- Clean Windows/Mirrors
- Do you have some hands-on activities planned for the week? We will be studying Germany, so I have some activities planned and a menu planned.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Lay anything out that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour