Hello! Fall is upon us, and this is a wonderful time of year to take an outdoor field trip before winter sets in. If you have been reading my posts for a few months, you know that we started school in early August. Other than Labor Day, we have not taken a day off. So we are going to to go on a group field trip to the mountains with some of our friends. We will have a guided hike, and we will have time to explore on our own. They also have a nature habitat with several animals. We will also picnic while we are there. Today we have to get our hiking shoes and warmer clothes ready. We had to decide on what to pack in the picnic basket and what to take to drink. I include the boys in this type of preparation because I think it is important for them to learn the process of getting ready for a field trip. It also makes for a more rested teacher who didn’t do all the preparation by herself. Part of working as a team is sharing in a reward. Today is reward day.
If you have not been on a field trip yet this year, start looking at options near you. Invite some of your homeschool friends along.
Tomorrow, we will get back to our Zone focus. Today is a day for fun and learning.
Zone Focus: Kitchen – sweep the floor and wipe the fronts of your cabinets.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Have you done some hands on learning with your children this week? Plan something for tomorrow!
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour