Welcome to Wondrous Wednesday! I always awake with a thankful heart for another day. Each day is a wondrous gift. Enjoy it!
How are you doing with your evening routine? This is one of the most important routines you can start. It will help you have better mornings because you have done the prep work ahead of time. I am sitting here tonight with the washer, dryer, and dish washer are all going. When I get up to switch everything for the next cycle or unload the dishwasher, I will do my evening routine.
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour
This is a pretty simple evening routine. The only additional thing I do in this routine is set up my coffee pot to be ready for me when I get up in the morning. I suppose technically this post is a part of my evening routine, too, since I normally write them in the evenings after dinner.
Really it is just a matter of building YOUR evening routine to suit what YOU need to do before bed to help you hit the floor running in the morning. Start a list, and put no more than 7 to 9 things on it. Do NOT make it complicated.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- How are you doing managing your school paperwork? Take 10 minutes to do a quick purge and straighten of your school papers.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Zone Focus: Front Porch – Sweep and declutter the front porch.
- Errand day: Make your plan for grocery shopping and errands. Pack water bottles and snacks for everyone. Pack up your library books that need to be turned in.