Welcome to Day 3 of Week 6 in the Getting Organized in your home and homeschool series. I hope you are encouraged and seeing some small changes to your habits. I have tasks set up to help you build routines in your home and get ready for your homeschool year.
Set your timer for 15 minutes for the Home Assignment and 15 minutes for the School Assignment
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Go grocery shopping this afternoon.
- Start a list for back-at-school sale items that you will want to purchase. Do some research on back-to-school sales at local office supply stores, chain pharmacies, and chain stores. These sales generally start in August. I purchase composition books, crayons, and glue each year during these sales.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Zone Focus: Spend 15 minutes decluttering your kitchen counters. It will take daily practice to keep the hot spots on your counters tamed.
Family Fun: Before you go grocery shopping, go to the library or local science center to have a bit of cool summer fun. Pack snacks and water bottles, so everyone can be refreshed before you grocery shop.
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things on your launch pad for the next day.
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour
* If you prefer to do your grocery shopping on a different day of the week, that is not going to mess up anything. You pick the day that works best for you. You can adjust the other tasks around your shopping day. I know that I save time and money by menu planning and grocery shopping once a week.