Many years ago, I learned a hard lesson that I had to love myself and take care of myself. A sick, unhealthy person cannot take care of those she loves. My priorities are to love God, love my husband, love my children, and love others. I also have to love myself enough to rest, exercise, eat healthy, and drink adequate water daily.
Taking care of you is important, and it is the easiest thing in the world to put yourself last. The demands on a homeschool mom are many. If you ever sat down and listed all of the “jobs” a homeschool mom does, it is a long list.
Look at your daily schedule and your routines. Do you have self-care factored into your daily schedule?
What are some self-care things you can do?
Here are a few ideas:
Send me an email with some of your ideas to take care of yourself daily?
Have a wonderful day!
Zone Mission: Declutter 1 Bathroom Drawer
Weekly Home Blessings of the Day: Quick Dust and Vacuum
Menu Plan for Tuesday: Chicken Filet Sandwiches (grilled chicken for mom)
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Clean out your refrigerator. Toss the science experiments.
- Spend 15 minutes loving movement.
School: Ask your children what interests them. Pick up some library books on the topic.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Write up a menu plan for the next 7 days. Check your pantry and freezer and make a grocery list. This habit will save you time and money. Try out some new recipes with the slow cooker. It will save you time once you start back to your school schedule.
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at the Launch Pad that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour