You may have noticed during the election that I did not post political posts. I taught my children about the election process in the fall, and I shared a lot of those ideas with you. It is important that our children understand how officials are elected in this country, in our state, and in our local area. They will be a part of the process one day.
Tomorrow is a historic day, and that is not just because it is my birthday. (smile) January 20 is inauguration day in this country. Talk to your children about it. Look up facts about inauguration day. One of our Presidents got pneumonia from walking in terrible weather during his inauguration and died a few months later. There are some fascinating facts about the inauguration. I have watched most of them since Jimmy Carter was inaugurated.
Whether you agree with the outcome of the election, teach your children about the process. Watch the inauguration. Talk about the difference in the type of government we have compared to other countries.
Pray for our country and our leaders.
God, please bless the USA!
Have a wonderful day!
Weekly Home Blessing Task: Declutter Paper/Magazines
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Play a game with your children
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- 15 minutes of loving movement
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour