During this time of the year, you hear a lot about the word, “Joy.” Joy is something that I strive to have every day. There are days when I do not feel joyful, and it is a conscious decision to have joy. On the hard days, I look for the blessings that I have. This helps me reverse how I feel on the hard days. I know you can relate to the days when something breaks or multiple things break. It is hard to choose joy. When our bathroom pipe burst a few years ago, it was hard to see the joy at first. We had the floor in 5 rooms damaged. The clean up and replacement process were difficult. But we ended up with enough money from our home owner’s insurance to replace all of the flooring and replaced damaged drywall and repaint. We ended up with a home improvement project that turned out really nice. At first, it was hard to find the blessings, but I realized that we were ok. The house could be fixed back and look even better than it did.
When I am having a hard day, I think back to the basics and what I am thankful for. This always changes my perspective and helps me choose joy.
The Zone Mission today should be quick and easy if you have been working on your pantry. Do some basic organization and write down ingredients on your shopping list that you need to pick up for your Holiday baking.
Have a great day!
Weekly Home Blessing Task: Wipe Windows and Mirrors
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Do a fun hands on science experiment today.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- 15 minutes of loving movement
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour