Most of my emails have been task oriented to help you with organizing in small steps. I know you are busy. We all are busy, but the benefit of decluttering and organizing in small steps is that you also have more time to plan and enjoy your children. Don’t get so wrapped up being busy that you miss the opportunities to sit on the floor and play with your children. My children are growing, and the years of playing in the floor with them is slipping away. When you are feeling like all you have done all day is go from one project to another, I want you to stop and sit down with your kids and play. Don’t let yourself be too busy with stuff that you miss the fun of having children in the house.
Zone Mission: Declutter the bathroom drawers/cabinet
Weekly Home Blessing Task: Windows and Mirrors (I use my FlyLady purple cloths for this and no chemicals.)
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Clean out your refrigerator. Toss the science experiments.
- 15 minutes of loving movement.
School: Don’t forget to do the fun stuff in your school day. Get out the crafts!
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Write up a menu plan for the next 7 days. Check your pantry and freezer and make a grocery list. This habit will save you time and money. Try out some new recipes with the slow cooker. It will save you time once you start back to your school schedule.
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at the Launch Pad that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour