Today’s zone mission is to clean out your refrigerator. So how does cleaning out your refrigerator relate to getting ready for the Holidays? By cleaning out your refrigerator, you will make room for some of your Holiday food purchases. You will be tossing things that are out of date. You will be making notes on what you need to get for your Holiday baking. I see that as loading the bases toward getting ready for the Holidays. I tend to clean out my refrigerator weekly, but I don’t always wipe the shelves, so that will be my goal this week. I will wipe one shelf a day starting at the top and working my way down. I should be able to do this in three days.
It’s the day after the election, and since I live on the East Coast, I check results first thing the day after the election. Use this as a wrap up discussion of the election process. Talk to your children about the “lame duck” session that now exists until Inauguration Day on January 20.
If you have any Holiday tips to pass along, please feel free to email me at Tami@TamiFox.com.
Zone Mission: Spend 15 minutes cleaning out your refrigerator
Weekly Home Blessing Task: Windows and Mirrors (I use my FlyLady purple cloths for this and no chemicals.)
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Clean out your refrigerator. Toss the science experiments.
- 15 minutes of loving movement.
School: Don’t forget to do the fun stuff in your school day. Get out the crafts!
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Write up a menu plan for the next 7 days. Check your pantry and freezer and make a grocery list. This habit will save you time and money. Try out some new recipes with the slow cooker. It will save you time once you start back to your school schedule.
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at the Launch Pad that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour