Today’s zone mission is for you to spend 15 minutes cleaning out your refrigerator. This is an important step in menu planning. By cleaning out your refrigerator regularly, you will be able to see quickly what you need to replace. It also gets rid of the science experiments that lurk in the back of the fridge. The day I make my menu plan and grocery list, I go to the refrigerator and spend 15 minutes tossing things that need to go. With three teenagers in the house, we do not have a lot to throw out, but I do also check expiration dates on other basic items that are in the fridge. It helps if this day also coincides with trash day.
Many people procrastinate cleaning out the fridge, but if it is done often, it is really not that bad. It’s also ready for you to put away the new groceries. Keeping your fridge cleaned out will save you time and money.
Weekly Home Blessing Task: Declutter Paper, Magazines, or Newspapers for 10 minutes anywhere in the house.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Do a fun hands on science experiment today.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- 15 minutes of loving movement
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour