Having a clean, decluttered area to do school is also a big help in having a smooth day. We don’t have to clear off places to do school. The counter and table are already cleared off and ready each morning. This keeps us from procrastinating the start of the school day. After they finish each subject, they put their books away and get out the next book. If we have crafts out, we put them away before we do something else.
It has taken a lot of years of training and reminders to get everyone on the same page, but it is worth the training time. It is worth taking the time to praise and reward them for a job well done.
Today’s zone mission is to declutter the kitchen counters and deal with any kitchen hot spots. This might go along with your monthly habit of decluttering paper. Set your timer for 15 minutes and see how much you can accomplish.
Have a wonderful day!
Zone Mission: Declutter kitchen counters and clear off hot spots
Weekly Home Blessings of the Day: Quick Dust and Vacuum
Menu Plan for Tuesday: Taco Tuesday and Salad
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Clean out your refrigerator. Toss the science experiments.
School: Check the dates for early voting and mark the Election Day on your calendar with the kids
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Write up a menu plan for the next 7 days. Check your pantry and freezer and make a grocery list. This habit will save you time and money. Try out some new recipes with the slow cooker. It will save you time once you start back to your school schedule.
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at the Launch Pad that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour