In your home and homeschool
There are two different methods for how I dust my house. During the Weekly Home Blessing Hour, I quick dust the house. This includes the living room, bedrooms, and bookshelves. I don’t move things around. I dust around them. When I am working in a Zone, then I do the detail dusting. I move things around, and I dust the ceiling, fan, baseboard, etc. This way, everything is quick dusted weekly, and once a month, it is detail dusted. This works well in my house. We do not have indoor pets, and we don’t seem to accumulate a lot of dust weekly. The key is being consistent in dusting. This is one of those tasks that gets put off easily by many people. So start today if you have been procrastinating. You can do it!
Zone Mission: Detail dust the living room.
If you need more help with organizing your home and homeschool, you can download The FlyLady’s Homeschool Teacher and Homeschool Student Control Journals for free.
Set your timer for 15 minutes for the Home Assignment and 15 minutes for the School Assignment
Menu Plan for Tuesday: Spaghetti (low carb version with spaghetti squash) and Salad
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Clean out your refrigerator. Toss the science experiments.
School: Pick a read aloud book to read as a family.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Write up a menu plan for the next 7 days. Check your pantry and freezer and make a grocery list. This habit will save you time and money. Try out some new recipes with the slow cooker. It will save you time once you start back to your school schedule.
Family Fun: Take your children for a walk.
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at the Launch Pad that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour
Please like & share: