In your home and homeschool
What have you been putting off? The FlyLady has designated Wednesday as Anti-Procrastination Day. Set your timer and do that one thing that you have been putting off. You will feel a weight being lifted off your shoulders when you just dive in and do it. Since we are working in our bedrooms this week, take 15 minutes to declutter the stuff that has accumulated on the shelf or on the floor of your closet. Make it quick and painless. I enjoy using my closet so much more when there aren’t things falling on my head when I open it (or falling out from being piled on the floor). Each month I pull a few things from the shelf or floor and put it in the donate bin. This helps so much! I never pull every single thing out of my closet at once. I just systematically work my way through it. When I get something new, I donate at least one thing, but most of the time, I try to use the 1:2 ratio. If I bring in something new, I get rid of two things. This greatly reduces the amount of stuff in my house.
Zone Mission: Declutter the shelf or floor in your closet.
Menu Plan for Wednesday: Spaghetti and Salad for the Family (Low carb for me: Chicken)
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Clean out your refrigerator. Toss the science experiments.
School: Work on your lesson plans and pick the start date of your school, if you have not done that already.
Errand Day: Do your errands and grocery shopping this afternoon.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Write up a menu plan for the next 7 days. Check your pantry and freezer and make a grocery list. This habit will save you time and money. Try out some new recipes with the slow cooker. It will save you time once you start back to your school schedule.
Family Fun: Take your children for a walk.
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at the Launch Pad that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour
Please like & share: