In your home and homeschool
Happy Friday! Let’s work on decluttering in the basement or family room today. This is an often neglected area in our homes, and it can be a beautiful, usable space. Take a look around. What is taking up valuable space? What do you not use anymore? Get out your box to put items to donate and start throwing stuff in it. Set the timer for 15 minutes. I don’t want you doing this for hours on end. Make this a quick mission. If you have a lot of clutter to deal with, then come back to this after regularly during the week. By spending 5 to 15 minutes a day on this, you will get done, and you won’t be burned out at the end.
Have a great week-end!
If you have any questions or tips, please email me. I enjoy hearing from my readers.
Zone Mission: Declutter your basement or family room.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Sort through your school materials from this year if you haven’t already done that. Record information that needs to be recorded. If you have a high school student, add information to the high school transcript.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour
Please like & share: