In your home and homeschool
Are you cleaning your Zones along with me? How is your house looking? The goal of the daily Zone Mission is to help you detail clean your home in small steps. This keeps you from getting burned out, and it is also structured so you are not spending hours and hours cleaning. It is meant to be short and sweet. Each Mission should take 5 to 15 minutes. If you have to clean and declutter a space before you do a Zone Mission, you need to focus a week on decluttering. If people are not picking up behind themselves in your home, then you are spending valuable time picking up instead of doing your Zone Missions. Keep an eye on things this week and stay on top of everyone in the home picking up behind themselves. It’s a simple concept that will bear much fruit in the overall look of your home.
Here are your Zone Missions for the week for Zone 5 – Living Room:
Monday – Start high and dust near the ceiling and fan
Tuesday – Clear flat surfaces & detail dust
Wednesday – Go sofa diving
Thursday – Move furniture & clean underneath
Friday – Do some decorating in your Living Room
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
Weekly Home Blessing Hour:
Spread these out over the course of the week. Put a note on each day of the week with one or two of these per day.
- Quick Dust
- Purge Magazines or Paper Clutter
- Change Bedding
- Empty Trash
- Clean Windows/Mirrors
- Plan one fun activity for this week.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
Family Fun: Have some outdoor time with your children today. Play. Do some nature journaling. The point is to add some movement to your day.
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Lay anything out that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour
Please like & share: