What do you keep under your bed? I try to keep the area under our bed free from storage and clutter. For many with smaller homes and smaller rooms, you might use the area under your bed as storage. This means that you probably don’t clean under there very often. I try to use my FlyLady Rubba Sweepa under my bed once a month to pull those dust bunnies out. It only takes a couple of minutes to do this because I am not dragging a bunch of stuff out with it. My challenge to you this month is to clean out under your bed and declutter. Try to not put anything under your bed if at all possible. Then you can clean under there each month with ease. I will note that I have laminate flooring in my bedroom, and that makes cleaning with the Rubba Sweepa easier, but it also works on carpet. You can also use the attachment and hose on your vacuum cleaner to clean under there. Let’s see if we can keep the dust bunny colony from forming again.
Zone Mission: Clean under your bed. Have your children do the same in their rooms.
If you need more help with organizing your home and homeschool, you can download The FlyLady’s Homeschool Teacher and Homeschool Student Control Journals for free.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Clean out your refrigerator. Toss the science experiments.
School: How’s the weather where you are? Add some weather tracking to your school day for the rest of the month. Track high temperature and low temperature. Track precipitation. If it snows where you live, do some science experiments with snow. Make learning fun!
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Write up a menu plan for the next 7 days. Check your pantry and freezer and make a grocery list. This habit will save you time and money. Try out some new recipes with the slow cooker. It will save you time once you start back to your school schedule.
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at the Launch Pad that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour