During the last couple of months, I have been conscious of looking for joy in all circumstances. We all have situations and days where it is hard to be joyful. On those days, I have to be purposeful to choose to have joy. Before Christmas, I saw a light-up sign at a craft store that said, “JOY.” I was patient and waited until after Christmas, and I purchased it this week for 70% off. So this year, I have a visual reminder in my home to choose Joy.
Do you pick a word or motto for the New Year?
Zone Mission: Zone 1 – One day Mission: Sweep the porch and check your Entry Way
Do your routines quickly today. Make it a game with your children.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Enjoy your Christmas break!
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour