Today, we are going to detail dust the living room. This is a little more involved than your weekly dusting. But it still needs to be 15 minutes or less. If it takes longer than 15 minutes to detail dust the living room, you need to declutter your flat surfaces more. When I detail dust my living room, I do the ceiling fan, crown moulding at the top of each all, the baseboards, and the flat surfaces.
If you are doing the Holiday Missions, today I want you and your children to do a 27 Fling Boogie in the bedrooms. Same assignment as yesterday. Use boxes or bins labeled: Throw Away, Give Away, Put Away. This is your chance to make places for new Christmas presents, and it is also a great way to donate items before the end of the year. Anything in your Give Away box should be donated on or before December 31 for a tax deduction.
If you need more help with organizing your home and homeschool, you can download The FlyLady’s Homeschool Teacher and Homeschool Student Control Journals for free.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Clean out your refrigerator. Toss the science experiments.
- Are you taking time to enjoy the fall weather as a part of your school day? Take some books outside and enjoy doing some school work outside today.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Write up a menu plan for the next 7 days. Check your pantry and freezer and make a grocery list. This habit will save you time and money. Try out some new recipes with the slow cooker. It will save you time once you start back to your school schedule.
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at the Launch Pad that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour