Do you know someone who will be alone for the Holidays? Do something for them today. Bake them some cookies or other treats. Have your children make a card or picture to go with it. When you are out running errands and grocery shopping this week, you can deliver these. We try to do this several times a year for people we know we have lost family members or who live alone. It really brightens their day to have a visit. If you schedule allows, you should consider regular visits with elderly family or friends.
For our Zone Mission today, let’s declutter the bathroom counter top, cabinets, and drawers. With regular Zone work, you will find that it takes less and less time each month to do the Zone Missions. If you do not need to do a lot of decluttering maintenance in your main bathroom, check your other bathrooms. My main bathroom looks good this week, so I am concentrating on decluttering in the boys’ downstairs bathroom.
Holiday Mission: Your Holiday Mission is listed at the top of this. Make something for someone else and plan on delivering it this week.
If you need more help with organizing your home and homeschool, you can download The FlyLady’s Homeschool Teacher and Homeschool Student Control Journals for free.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Clean out your refrigerator. Toss the science experiments.
- Are you taking time to enjoy the fall weather as a part of your school day? Take some books outside and enjoy doing some school work outside today.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Write up a menu plan for the next 7 days. Check your pantry and freezer and make a grocery list. This habit will save you time and money. Try out some new recipes with the slow cooker. It will save you time once you start back to your school schedule.
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at the Launch Pad that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour