Today is the day to wipe down the fixtures and baseboards in your main bathroom. You can also take a damp cloth and wipe down light switches and door knobs. As we approach flu season, you will want to wipe down surfaces that are frequently touched. I use the FlyLady’s purple cloths for wiping down surfaces. I use plain water, and it cleans quickly. If we happen to have a sick person in the household, I will use bleach wipes to wipe down surfaces to kill germs. Another way to help your family stay healthy is to make sure they are drinking adequate water each day. Being properly hydrated will help flush your body of germs.
Zone Mission – Wednesday – Besides wiping fixtures in the bathroom, check your supplies of paper products, body washes, shampoos, and toothpaste. Write down anything you need to restock in the bathroom. Don’t forget to have a new stash of toothbrushes on hand, too.
Holiday Mission: Review Your Thanksgiving Menu Plan. Add to your grocery list anything else you will need for the big meal next week.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
School: Is your paperwork caught up? Do you need to update lesson plans or attendance sheets?
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Errand day: Make your plan for grocery shopping and errands. Pack water bottles and snacks for everyone. Pack up your library books that need to be turned in.
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at the Launch Pad that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour