The countdown to Thanksgiving is on! This week’s Zone is the Kitchen, and I want to help you get the Hot Spots in the Kitchen under control, so you can get ready for the Holiday. You can do your Holiday cooking and baking easier if you have clean counters. Take care of the Kitchen Hot Spots today and spend 5 minutes a day keeping them put out. Once you get used to keeping the counters clear, you will want to have them that way all the time. I know in my house, it is a daily battle to keep the Kitchen Hot Spots in check. As a part of my evening routine, I take care of the Hot Spots daily. It makes a big difference for me.
Download my Daily Missions e-book to help you get ready for the Holidays. CLICK HERE and get it now. Holiday Missions started on November 1.
Zone Mission: Tuesday – Work on your counters. Put out any Hot Spots. Put away things you do not use regularly.
Holiday Mission: Work on your Christmas cards. Set your children up with a Christmas craft. If you don’t have an idea for them. How about giving them paper and markers and let them make a few Christmas cards for special people in your life?
If you need more help with organizing your home and homeschool, you can download The FlyLady’s Homeschool Teacher and Homeschool Student Control Journals for free.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Clean out your refrigerator. Toss the science experiments.
- Are you taking time to enjoy the fall weather as a part of your school day? Take some books outside and enjoy doing some school work outside today.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Write up a menu plan for the next 7 days. Check your pantry and freezer and make a grocery list. This habit will save you time and money. Try out some new recipes with the slow cooker. It will save you time once you start back to your school schedule.
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at the Launch Pad that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour