Good morning! Let’s do some more tidying in our living rooms today. Let’s move the furniture and sweep or vacuum under it. Don’t over do it. Ask for help if you need it. We are getting ready for the Holidays while we work in this zone, so see what you need to put away to make room for decorations. If you don’t have fall flowers put out yet, get some and brighten up your living room with some flowers. I have several sets of silk flowers that I rotate according to the season. It makes me smile to have pretty things around my house.
Download my Daily Missions e-book to help you get ready for the Holidays.To get it, sign up for my daily newsletter to the right. Holiday Missions start on November 1.
A friend of mine told me she already has her Thanksgiving menu planned from my e-book. Take the stress out of the Holidays by pre-planning and getting ready one baby step at a time.
If you do a family picture in your Christmas card, it’s time to get that set up. You want to get prints made in early November and avoid the rush. I bought my Christmas cards and stamps over the weekend. I am working the steps with you.
If you need more help with organizing your home and homeschool, you can download The FlyLady’s Homeschool Teacher and Homeschool Student Control Journals for free.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Clean out your refrigerator. Toss the science experiments.
- Are you taking time to enjoy the fall weather as a part of your school day? Take some books outside and enjoy doing some school work outside today.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Write up a menu plan for the next 7 days. Check your pantry and freezer and make a grocery list. This habit will save you time and money. Try out some new recipes with the slow cooker. It will save you time once you start back to your school schedule.
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at the Launch Pad that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour