Top of the Morning to You! How are you today? I am thankful today. Today is my daughter’s 25th birthday. I am so proud of the young woman that she is. I am thankful to be her mother. I am thankful for all of my children and my husband. This time of year really brings out the “thankful” in my heart. What are you thankful for?
Our Zone this week is our Master Bedroom. Is your bedroom your refuge? Is it restful? Do you smile when you look around your room? Let’s purpose to make our bedrooms our oasis. Today I want you to clear off your dresser top and detail dust it. When you put things back, only put back the things that bring you a smile when you see it. Find new homes for the other stuff or declutter it. Bless someone else. The goal is to have a dresser top that you can easily dust during the Weekly Home Blessing Hour. You also want it to look pleasing to you when you look at your dresser.
I sent out a link on Sunday night to my new resource to help you Rock the Holidays with Daily Missions to help you get ready for the Holidays. If you have not downloaded it yet, CLICK HERE and to find out how to get it now. Holiday Missions start on November 1. But you can start now by walking around your house for 15 minutes with a trash bag. Throw away any trash you find. Have your children do the same thing in their bedrooms.
If you need more help with organizing your home and homeschool, you can download The FlyLady’s Homeschool Teacher and Homeschool Student Control Journals for free.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Clean out your refrigerator. Toss the science experiments.
- Are you taking time to enjoy the fall weather as a part of your school day? Take some books outside and enjoy doing some school work outside today.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Write up a menu plan for the next 7 days. Check your pantry and freezer and make a grocery list. This habit will save you time and money. Try out some new recipes with the slow cooker. It will save you time once you start back to your school schedule.
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at the Launch Pad that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour