What do you need to finish up this week? Take a few minutes to finish up any projects you have around the house. Get it off your list, so you can enjoy your weekend. I have been working on my short to do list tonight, and it feels great to mark things off my list. Set a timer and see how quickly you can get something marked off your list. It will surprise you at how fast you can get something done that way. Tomorrow is Saturday, so plan a family fun event. It can be anything that your family enjoys doing. It’s a beautiful time of year to get outside. You can plan to have a hot dog roast and s’mores outside by the fire. We love doing that.
One thing that I have changed in my schedule this year is that I am doing my Weekly Home Blessing Hour on Friday morning rather than Monday morning. This is a big switch for me because I have done my WHB on Monday morning for years, but my schedule was such that Fridays are working better for me. I am making the system work for me and not against me. I also enlist the help of my army of boys, and we make short work of our Blessings.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Time for FUN FRIDAY!
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour