Zone Focus: Today, ask one of your children to go sofa diving. Pull the cushions. Throw out the trash. Search for “stuff” down in the frame. Vacuum. Fluff your cushions. Put it back together and make it pretty. I have one child who loves to do this. He gets to keep any money he finds in it.
It has been raining in North Carolina for the past 5 days. This has given me opportunity to work on some projects and do some writing. How do you spend your time when the weather is not conducive to going outside? Children need to use their large muscles frequently, and when they are not able to get outside to play every day, they start to get on one another’s nerves. How do you ensure that your children get good physical activity in each day when the weather is bad? We have a few things we do inside when we need to move around. We have a Wii Fit, and we do competitions. We have had an indoor trampoline. We have some exercise DVD’s. I will lead some exercises that use large muscles, too. It is important to stay active for their minds and bodies (and sometimes for your sanity).
We are continuing our country study in South Korea this week, and we are enjoying learning about the different cultures. I do think the boys’ favorite part of the study are our meals. Since I have not shared our menu this week, I thought you might like to see what I planned.
Monday – Sanjuck (Beef), Rice
Tuesday – Korean BBQ (Beef), Kimchi, Fried Rice
Wednesday – Korean Chicken, Glass Noodles
Thursday – Toasti, Chicken, Rice
Friday – Chicken on a Stick, Rice
As you can see from my plans, we usually have a starch of the day. That is what it takes to fill growing boys. I also serve veggies and salads. The above menu is more specific to our country study, so I don’t always list the veggies that I serve.
Today is anti-procrastination day. What are you putting off? Don’t put it off any more.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Have you been reading to your children? If not, pick up a chapter book at the library and spend some time reading to them every day.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Errand day: Make your plan for grocery shopping and errands. Pack water bottles and snacks for everyone. Pack up your library books that need to be turned in.