Getting Organized: In your home and homeschool
It’s time to toss those old shoes in your closet and under your bed. Our Convenience Center, where we haul off trash and recycle items, also has a bin for shoes and clothing. By the time we are ready to toss a pair of shoes, they are usually past use by anyone. I like that we have an option to recycle them. My goal is to toss 2 pair of shoes per person in my house this week. That will get rid of 12 pairs of shoes. Spend 15 minutes going through your bedrooms and toss out old shoes. If you have some fairly new shoes that no one is wearing, donate them. We are on our way to simplifying our lives by getting rid of clutter. You will be more successful in decluttering if you take it a small step at a time. That way you aren’t going to burn-out from doing a massive purging project in a day or two.
Our school week has been great as well. We have learned about Japan. We also studied the following topics:
- Map (globe, map, Google Earth view)
- Alphabet & Numbers (Thank you, YouTube!)
- Talked about the economics of Japan (We recognized the names of a lot of manufacturers.)
We have enjoyed our cultural studies this year. Next week, we will be studying South Korea. I will work up our menu plan tomorrow.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes Swish and Swipe Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
School: Time for FUN FRIDAY! Look at the weather report for Sunday. It will be a fantastic night to view the moon and see a Lunar Eclipse.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
Zone Focus: Master Bedroom – I assigned a task at the beginning of this email. Declutter two pair of shoes per person in your household.
Family Fun: Play a game with your children today.
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour