How do you meet your Monday morning? I used to not enjoy Monday mornings very much. They will filled with lots of things to catch up after the week-end. Then, I started following The FlyLady and implemented her system into my home. Monday became the day I blessed my house. I also learned that by teaching the children to clean up behind themselves, that I did not have as much to do on Monday mornings. Now, my Mondays are much more pleasant. My heart attitude shifted. I lost the martyr attitude. I learned to set aside time to take care of myself every day. If I am not feeling well and caring for my health, then I am not going to enjoy blessing my house. I exercise daily, and I eat healthy foods and drink my water. It’s not selfish to take care of myself. I have short time periods during the day where I will spend time doing something I enjoy and just sit down and not think about the next task. By doing my routines daily and blessing my home weekly, I am also not spending the entire day on Monday cleaning the house.
How are you doing taking care of yourself? Take some time for you today to rest, work on a hobby, or exercise.
Set your timer for 15 minutes for the Home Assignment and 15 minutes for the School Assignment
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Quick Dust
- Purge Magazines or Paper Clutter
- Change Bedding
- Empty Trash
- Clean Windows/Mirrors
- Look at your school records for the year and update your files and attendance records. How are your children doing with the curriculum you picked out? Is it working for your family?
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Zone Focus: Bathroom and one extra room – Spend 15 minutes purging your bathroom cabinets. Add items to your shopping list that you need to replace. Pick one other room in your house and do a 5 minute room rescue.
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Lay anything out that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour