A natural result of decluttering and cleaning out is that you FIND things that you had been looking for. Sometimes you find things you forgot you had. This week I decluttered three of my kitchen drawers, and in the process I found a lot of screws, bolts, and nails that needed to be put in their proper places at the work bench in the garage. Two weeks ago, I was looking for nails for a project, and I could not find any. Now, I found quite a few small nails for my home decorating projects. I also had been having a hard time keeping up with small screw drivers that I used to open items that use batteries. I found several of those as well, and I found a basket to hold the smaller screw drivers. I another drawer, I found lots of papers. Some of them were recipes, and some of the papers were just trash. I threw out a lot of the papers, I also found a lot of special family recipes that were hand-written. I have a special place for those recipes in a binder. I have a pretty good handle on clutter and the amount of stuff in my house, but I still have areas that need detail attention from time to time. Next week, it will be time to tackle the linen closet! I wonder what I will find in there?
Before I decluttered
After I decluttered
As you take a few minutes a day decluttering, tell me what unusual things you find! Have a great week-end and have fun with your family!
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- It’s Friday! Do something fun with your children today.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Zone Focus: Kitchen – open your cabinets and take a look at the top shelf. Do you have some things up there that you don’t need any more? Do a 15-minute declutter of the top shelf of your cabinets. You might find something you forgot about up there!
Family Fun: Play a game with your children today.
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour