Let’s all purpose to have a Fabulous Friday, even if it does not feel fabulous to you right this minute. We have much to enjoy about our days and in our lives. Having a positive attitude about the day can help turn a tough day into a better day. We are wrapping up week 5 of our school year. It’s been a lot of fun learning about China this week and cooking together. We have also worked together around the house to declutter more and get ready for a family cookout this weekend. It has not been a huge effort to get ready for company. It has more like tweaking things here and there. It’s been a pleasure getting ready for this event rather than dreading all the work that comes with having a large group over for a visit.
How are you doing with routines around your house? One reason that I slowly add subjects to our homeschool at the beginning of the year is to allow us time to get adjusted to new books and still keep our routines in place. We haven’t fallen apart because we don’t start off on immediate overload.
How are you doing with the amount of papers you have around the house? Keeping control of the amount of paper you have around the house will help you stay organized with what you have to keep track of, and it will also give your home a peaceful feel if you aren’t living with stacks of papers everywhere. Spend 15 minutes a day purging paperwork. Deal with your mail as soon as it comes in the door. Keep your shredder handy. You can stay on top of the papers that accumulate if you set aside a few minutes each day to deal with it. Reward yourself with a treat after you deal with the daily paperwork.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Do some kind of hands-on activity or go on a nature walk. Enjoy learning WITH your children.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Zone Focus: Dining Room – If you keep stuff on your dining room table, today is the day you are going to clear it off and put something decorative on it. I keep my dining table cleaned off daily because we use it for meals, school work, and my office work. I like to set it with nice dishes and a candle to give our meals a special setting.
Family Fun: Play a game with your children today.
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour