Today we started a unit study on China. We are going to spend this week studying about China, and then we will learn about some of the other countries in Asia. I have lesson plans to study one country per week for 30 weeks this year. Here are some of the things we learned about today.
- We located China on our globe.
- We colored a picture of the flag of China and filled in an informational sheet about China.
- We listened to The Story About Ping by Marjorie Flack.
- We watched a video on the Yangtze River, the Yellow River, and the Great Wall of China. We used Google earth to look at the Great Wall from the air.
- We watched a video on how rice is made.
- We worked on passports with different information about China, and we put stickers on our papers.
- Dinner tonight was Chinese food. We made stir fry chicken and vegetables, rice, and egg rolls. We used chopsticks to eat our dinner. We had fortune cookies for dessert.
- Tonight we will read some stories about missionaries to China.
Enjoy the pics I took today. We had a great time learning together. Dinner was delicious! A friend of ours makes egg roll kits, and we use her pork filling to make the egg rolls at home.