Today, let’s throw out a little more stuff that we have collected. Since we are working in the Master Bedroom, I want you to declutter at least 2 pair of shoes. If you have a large shoe collection, you might want to get rid of more than 2 pair. My biggest area of shoes is my running shoe collection. I try to keep it tamed down, but I am going to declutter 2 pair of running shoes and one other pair of shoes. The whole goal with decluttering is to have less stuff to keep up with and keep organized. That will help with time management because you aren’t trying to organize all of your stuff. You will just have less stuff and more time for other things besides cleaning.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Play with your kids. Enjoy the end of summer.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Zone Focus: Master Bedroom – declutter at least 2 pair of your shoes. Have your children do the same.
Family Fun: Have a water balloon fight or water wars with your children today.
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour