Are you taking time each day to take care of yourself? Are you eating healthy foods, getting enough rest, and exercising? If you say you don’t have time, re-think that. You need to make your health a priority, so you can take care of your family. I put myself on the back-burner during some very stressful times, and now I have health issues that I deal with every day. I am better than I was, but I make sure I take care of my health every day. It took some time to figure out where to fit exercise into my day. I run every day early in the morning before our school day starts. I have also exercised in the evening. If it’s a particularly busy day, I had walked in the afternoon with the boys while they rode their bikes. The point is that I make time each day to exercise for at least 15 minutes. I do a weekly menu plan, and that helps me eat healthier. The boys have learned to cook, and that has helped them try new foods and eat healthier, too. If we are eating healthy foods, we are healthier and go to the doctor less often. Many moms use the time at night after the children are in bed for “me” time. You need a good 8 hours’ of sleep each night, and it is important that you schedule time for rest, too. You can’t burn the candle at both ends and not pay for it with your health.
What can you do today to take care of yourself?
Set your timer for 15 minutes for the Home Assignment and 15 minutes for the School Assignment
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Do something fun and engaging with your children. They will remember it.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Zone Focus: Master bedroom -Today, I want you to check under your bed and clean out under there. I will be doing this with a little more detail than you will be doing it because my husband bought us a new bed today. It will be delivered tomorrow. I typically do not keep many things under our bed. The main thing will be tearing down the bed and sweeping and mopping under it. I will likely go ahead and wash our bedding, too. So we will have fresh sheets on our new bed tomorrow night.
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour