Getting Organized this Summer:
In your home and homeschool
Let’s motivate our children to love learning. One of my goals as a teacher is to ignite a love of learning in my children. I do this in many ways. We study things that interest them. We use hands-on learning for science and history. When they show a talent, we expand on that through lessons and experiences. When they are adults, I want them to still love learning and know how to find the answers to their questions. One of the most encouraging things my daughter ever told me was that she was thankful she was homeschooled, and that I taught her how to read, research, and write a paper. If you are starting school this week, remember to have some fun, too. School does not have to be all work. We are still on a modified schedule this week. We will start all of our subjects next week after Labor Day. If you have any homeschool questions, please send me an email.
Set your timer for 15 minutes for the Home Assignment and 15 minutes for the School Assignment
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
Weekly Home Blessing Hour:
(Even during the school year, I do the Weekly Home Blessing Hour on Monday mornings with my children.)
- Quick Dust
- Purge Magazines or Paper Clutter
- Change Bedding
- Empty Trash
- Clean Windows/Mirrors
- Do you have everything ready to start school, or have you started school?
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Zone Focus: Master Bedroom – Today, I want you to clear off your nightstand. Have your children clear a flat surface in their room. Set a timer.
Family Fun: Plan a water activity.
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Lay anything out that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour
Please like & share: