As we are coming close to the end of summer, it’s time to think about having a free day. You’ve been working and preparing for school. You’ve been getting your home in order. So tomorrow, plan a free day with your family.
- Free from projects around the house
- Free from electronics and screens
- Free from planning you school year
- Free from doing stuff for others
Have a whole day of fun with your family. If that does not work with your husband’s work schedule, pick a day that will work and have a free day. Everyone needs a day off from the demands of life. Your children will remember this time. End the summer playing and enjoying time together. I can tell you from experience that this time passes so quickly. Two of my children are grown and have moved out. It takes a lot more effort and planning to have a fun day with all of my children. So take advantage of this time you have with your children while they are young and still at home. I try to make those moments count with the four children I still have at home.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Play with your kids. Enjoy the end of summer.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Zone Focus: Bathroom or one other room – take your duster and go around the light fixtures, along the ceiling, and around the baseboards.
Family Fun: Have a water balloon fight or water wars with your children today.
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour