Traditions —- we all have them in one way or another. Some traditions we carried on from our childhood, and some traditions we have made with our families.
Many of us are seeing lots of pictures online of our friends’ and families’ back to school pictures. We can take our own back to homeschool pictures and post them, too. I think it can be done in a positive way that draws people to homeschooling. I don’t enjoy posts that are snarky to people who do not choose to homeschool.
Check out Pinterest if you need ideas for cute back to school pictures.
Another fun tradition for back to homeschool is to have a special breakfast. It can be made at home or go out for a special breakfast.
Some moms do special packages with back to school supplies. One mom I know does a scavenger hunt with prizes at the end. There are so many fun ways to start your school year off and start a new tradition. Think of something your children would enjoy, and that you can do without making life too complicated.
Enjoy the start of your school year! Make new memories. Have fun with your children. Learn with them.
Set your timer for 15 minutes for the Home Assignment and 15 minutes for the School Assignment
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Do something fun with your children. They will remember it. I have plans to do something fun with my boys today. I will have to write about it later.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Zone Focus: Bathroom – Wipe down the front of your cabinets and drawers if you have them. If not, do some detailed cleaning in one other room. Set your timer! This is not a big project. Keep it simple.
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour