Let’s have some TEAMWORK today. I know you have a lot of things you want to accomplish before you start school or as you have started school already. Pick something that can be tackled as a team. Turn on some fun music and set the timer. Many hands make light work. You can get it done together. Afterwards, do something fun and play up the teamwork you have going with your children. My children love it when I make specific time in my schedule to play with them.
Set your timer for 15 minutes for the Home Assignment and 15 minutes for the School Assignment
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Clean out your refrigerator. Toss the science experiments.
- Check the loss leaders at your local office supply stores. Many of them have cheap school supplies this week. I saw several items for 1 cent. Just go in and get the sale stuff. Don’t get caught up going down all the aisles.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Write up a menu plan for the next 7 days. Check your pantry and freezer and make a grocery list. This habit will save you time and money. Try out some new recipes with the slow cooker. It will save you time once you start back to your school schedule.
- Zone Focus: Bathroom and one extra room – If you have a shelf or closet in your bathroom, purge, purge, purge. If you don’t have one of these to declutter, pick the worst place in your house that needs to be decluttered. Set your timer!
Family Fun: If the weather is not too hot, go for a walk with your children.
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Decide on a place in your house where you can put things for the next day. The FlyLady calls this your Launch Pad. It is usually close to your main entry of the house. You are going to use this every night.
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour