In your home and homeschool
Are you winning the war on clutter in your house? I thought Winning Wednesday made a great alliteration for today. Go through your morning routine quickly. Today is errand and grocery shopping day.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Review your list for school supplies today. Many stores have already started back-to-school sales. Don’t just buy things because they are on sale. Buy what you need.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Zone Focus: Living Room – Take a few minutes to fluff pillows and make your living room look fresh and pretty.
- Errand day: Make your plan for grocery shopping and errands. Pack water bottles and snacks for everyone. Pack up your library books that need to be turned in.
Family Fun: Plan a fun activity while you are out. Stop for ice cream or slushies. We stopped for ice cream last week, and it was a welcome treat after doing our errands.
When you get home from doing errands, have everyone work together to unload and put away everything.
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour