Today, I want you to spend 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes in the afternoon throwing out things you do not need. It can be clothes, curriculum, kitchen items, stuff in the refrigerator, etc. You know where your problem areas are.
For many homeschoolers, having too many books and too much curriculum is a problem. Buying more bookshelves is not the answer to having too many books. Getting more storage bins is not the answer either. You need to thin out the amount of resources you have for homeschooling. My youngest child will soon be 9-years-old, and I have cleared my shelves of curriculum that he has outgrown. I have given away and donated a lot of these resources. I have homeschooled all six of my children, and I have been given resources over the past fifteen years. I love being about to bless others with resources I do not need.
Set your timer for 15 minutes for the Home Assignment and 15 minutes for the School Assignment
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Go through your homeschool resources and purge the things you do not need.Find a homeschool mom friend who needs resources and bless her with your excess.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Zone Focus: Master Bedroom: Clear off the dresser in your Master Bedroom. Have your children do a 15-minute drill to give away extra toys that they don’t play with anymore.
- Spend an additional 15 minutes purging your homeschool curriculum.
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour