Have you noticed that each Thursday, you have a Home Blessing that includes decluttering paper and magazines? Since we homeschool, I know papers are a big part of our lives. It’s like the dust bunnies that live under the sofa or bed. Papers are in abundance and seem to multiply overnight.
I have a few tricks that I have developed to help me over the years with paper clutter.
Sort the mail when it comes into the house.
- File bills
- File important papers
- Shred papers with your name and address
- Toss junk mail that does not have your address
Review school work daily.
- Toss the school papers you don’t need
- File the papers and tests that you need to keep
- Let go of school materials you don’t use
- Keep one box of art keepsakes and share the rest with loved ones
What are other sources of paper in your home that you need to work on?
Have a wonderful day!
Weekly Home Blessing Task: Declutter Paper/Magazines
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Play a game with your children
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- 15 minutes of loving movement
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour