Growing boys need carbs. I am gluten-free, so I pick things that either I can eat, or that I don’t mind turning down. I am not cooking two different meals unless it is pasta night. Basically, I eat chicken any time I pick a meal that the boys love that is not gluten-free. I have tried the gluten-free pasta, and it is not great. I do love spaghetti squash in place of spaghetti.
Most afternoons, I decide on the side item according to how much time I have to prepare the side item. Other times, I let my son who is my main chef choose the side item. I don’t put the sides on my menu plan when I write it out.
Since we are decluttering in the kitchen this week, take a look at the appliances on your kitchen counters. Do you use all of them? If you don’t use all of the appliances that are out on your counter, find a different place to store them or declutter them.
Have a wonderful day!
Zone Mission: Declutter 1 Kitchen Drawer
Weekly Home Blessings of the Day: Quick Dust and Vacuum
Menu Plan for Tuesday: Chicken ‘n Dumplins (grilled chicken for mom)
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Clean out your refrigerator. Toss the science experiments.
- Spend 15 minutes loving movement.
School: Ask your children what interests them. Pick up some library books on the topic.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Write up a menu plan for the next 7 days. Check your pantry and freezer and make a grocery list. This habit will save you time and money. Try out some new recipes with the slow cooker. It will save you time once you start back to your school schedule.
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at the Launch Pad that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour