One of the most fun ways to declutter and bring peace to your home is to do a 27 Fling Boogie. The FlyLady coined this phrase. You set your timer and find 27 things to put away, throw away, or give away. I usually focus on the last two because getting the extra stuff out of the house is what helps the most. If you have a lot of clutter in your house, then you would benefit by doing a 27 Fling Boogie every day. Since I have followed The FlyLady system for many years, I typically do one 27 Fling Boogie a week. You can do this in the Zone of the Week, or you can do it in the area that needs the most attention.
If you have a lot of paper clutter, you can count individual pieces of paper, or you can declutter paper and weigh it when you declutter. You will be surprised at how fast the pounds of paper accumulate if you declutter paper regularly.
You can boogie your way out of clutter and into peace. Use your timer and turn on some music. Have fun bringing peace into your home!
Have a great weekend!
Weekly Home Blessing: Take out the Trash, Sweep, and Mop
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Have a fun day!
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Loving movement for 15 Minutes
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour