The Holidays are over. The daylight hours are still short. For many, it’s cold outside. Even with these things that can bring our mood down, we can choose to have a joyful spirit. Do a search for the word, “joy” using your concordance in your Bible, or use an online Bible and search for it. Write down some of these verses in your notebook or journal. Meditate on them. If you tend to get the “winter blues” write some verses with the word JOY on sticky notes and put them around your house. Surround yourself with Scripture. Use these verses for your children’s copywork this week. I can think of no better way to work on penmanship skills than to have my children copy Scripture verses. We all have days when it is difficult to have a joyful spirit. By doing a word search and writing down verses now, you will have these ready when you are having a difficult day.
Zone Mission: Wipe the fronts of your kitchen cabinet doors and drawers. This is something even small children can help you do. Give them a damp cloth and ask them to wipe the lower cabinets while you do the higher cabinets. I am height-challenged, so my tall boys help me by wiping the high cabinets.
Holiday Mission: Put away the last of your Holiday towels and candles that are in the house. I found a Christmas towel in the guest bathroom today. I forgot I put one in there.
If you need more help with organizing your home and homeschool, you can download The FlyLady’s Homeschool Teacher and Homeschool Student Control Journals for free.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Clean out your refrigerator. Toss the science experiments.
- Are you taking time to enjoy the fall weather as a part of your school day? Take some books outside and enjoy doing some school work outside today.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Write up a menu plan for the next 7 days. Check your pantry and freezer and make a grocery list. This habit will save you time and money. Try out some new recipes with the slow cooker. It will save you time once you start back to your school schedule.
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at the Launch Pad that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour